Skip to main content

O.D.L

 New day, new week .... usual life cycle with new challenges ahead. May Allah ease all our undertakings and blessed us in all our doings.

Last week was hectic. Semester is coming to the end. Lecturers and students are all busy. Gearing up towards the finishing line. And last Friday I had presentation scheduled for my Final Year Project students, to present their Research Methodology. And Friday was the last batch to present.

While waiting for the presenter to come into our virtual meeting room, I was informed by one of the students that one of their colleague is now facing the natural disaster of flood in his area. I named the boy Zz, and he was in Pekan, Pahang. When its Zz turn to present, I asked the flood situation in his area. And he calmly told me that the water is only 1 inch below the door. Ready to spill in anytime. When asked how is everybody? He calmly answered, that they are packing. I asked if it is ok for him to continue with the presentation (I wouldn't time to carry it out at some other time), but he calmly insisted that he would like to present. Perhaps, it's "let's get it done and over with" for him. Well, we sailed through. Sometimes at the background I can hear the sound of the mother talking or giving instructions. I pray to Allah that everything will be good for them. O Allah ease their burden and blessed them with patience in this tremendous test. 

Later in the evening, there was another presentation. The boy I named, E, was supposed to present in the morning but asked permission to present in the evening as he has need more time to complete his slides presentation. He showed me his wrist with the pink band on it. He was under quarantine. He just had his swab test done. He was in contact with a positive covid-19 case. It has been a year since the covid-a9 came about, and it did not a sign of slowing down yet. To E, I pray to Allah that you and all your family will be free from the harm of covid-19.

The online distance learning - we may be far physically, but the student-lecturer bonding must always be there.

May everything ends well, with Allah assistance. Aamiin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t