Friday, December 12, 2014

Melbourne Trip - Entering Melbourne.


Alhamdulillah we landed safely at the at Tullamarine Melbourne airport at 7.11am as per scheduled. It was an overall pleasant journey and smooth flight. Accept that the tine zone difference deprived our beautiful sleep time.

The entering process was smooth. Alhamdulillah. With various shared experience by others, it sounded rather scary entering the Australia. The immigration line was a snake long even though it was a wee morning. We had our entering card and ebola screening all filled up on the plane. Yes, the ebola screening card. Australian authority is very serious when it comes to the welfare of its society. We were made to declare if we have even been to any of those ebola outbreak countries. In fact, before disembarking the plane, their health authority came on board to make sure that none of the passengers had any ebola symptoms. Thumbs up to the government, the health authority, to be exact.

The immigration officer was very kind. He asked if we have anything to declare. I said, "None". He wrote a "K" on the entering card and we were off to pick up our luggage. On our way there we were greeted by another officer and were asked if I brought in any food. I honestly answered that we have some instant noodles with us. "That's all?", he asked. "Yes, that's all", was my replied. He then choped on our card and ushered us to the luggage pick-up point where I can see our luggage circling the conveyer probably for many times. I can see that there are many more luggage available indicating that many are still are queueing.

We later proceed to the customs, and qas blessed when ushered to door 3, which is the way out to airport. No custons screening, no dogs sniffing. Nothing. Alhamdulillah. A good start.

So... all the shared experuence of the thorough checks when entering Australia did not apply on me. Alhamdulillah. Thanks Allah. Besides, we had nothing to hide. Its just hassle of being interrogated is what terrifies me. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Being truthful is always a bless.

The next thing is to wait for our pick-up. That is a young Malaysian chap, Hamzah, who studied in Melbourne and decided to stay in Melbourne and run his own travelling agency. A private and customised tour agent. Being a private and customised, you can guess the charge, but it is worth for the service provided. We arranged with him for the airport pick-up and a tour along the Great Ocean Roud. Will talk about it later. Oh, by the way, for a private pick-up or public pick-up as they called it, you need to cross the road and wait at the specified waiting station situated right in front of the Park Royal hotel at the 2C or the 2B stop. And we waited. After about 20 minutes waiting, he finally arrived. Appologizing for being late, he informed us that he had assigned someone else to attend to us as he is chaperoning another visitor from Malaysia. And afyer a shortwhile, came another Malaysian chap also a just completed his study, Farid. When asked if he is going back to Malaysia? Both have a firm 'No' as their answers. Why is it? You can fill in the answer yourself.

Next ... Great Oceant Road Tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment