Skip to main content

My car & the cats.

As salam.

Cat and me. .... Never get along well. I just cannot bear cats even though I know how Rasulallah SAW treated cats with love and kind, I just cannot fall in love in cats. Cats will only shivers me to the spine. Allah knows best. He tested me with cats on several occasions. The most recent being this. Cats in the engine compartment of my car!!!! Phew!


See those tiny kittens cuddling each other. They were in the engine compartment of my car for more than 24 hours. Everything began on Sunday, night, at about 10pm. I requested for my husband to water the plants in my small herbs garden. He did, when I was inside folding the pile of clothes. Then suddenly, there was the cat sound. Unlike the ordinary sound, it was a sound of pleading. I popped outside asking what's going on. My husband told me that he accidentally watered kittens and their mother that nestled somewhere behind the pots. There was 4, he claimed. I guess, the mother was pleading for my husband not to water anymore or the kitten might drowned.

My husband left the scene for just  a short while, upon returning, just to find that the mother cat and it's kitten were gone. It gone missing in just a split second. We wonder where it goes. Where we wonder where the mother took the kittens to. It occurred to me that they might seek refuge in my car but my husband brushed off the idea. And the night is off.

The next day, I drove to work as usual. And drove back home as always. Fetch Sabrina from her school earlier than my usual day, I took her to the clinic as she had bruised her knee badly during the camp. On our way to the clinic, I could hear the cat's sound. I turned off the radio, the sound is off too. We made the conclusion that the sound was coming from the radio.  I started to feel uncomfortable. As I was parking my car in front of the clinic, the sound came again, louder this time. I parked my car, step out and take a peep at the front of car, from the criss-cross aluminium in front of the car I could see a cat. The little tail is dangling from inside. I shivers. I was thinking of the worst case that could happen. The cats might be hurt. We settled our task at the clinic. I slowly drove home. The aircond was turned off as I am afraid that it might somehow hurt the cat as it made a frantic sound each time I turned the aircond on. When my husband came home, he tried several ways to take the cat out. With the flashlight, he could see that it is not one, but three were inside there. And the best thing is, even the mother was there too. One happy family!!! There s no other way except to take the car to the workshop to take out the cats.

This morning, while sitting facing the porch, I suddenly saw the mother leap out from the car. There was no sound of the kittens. Whether they are alive or not, they must be taken out from the car. Therefore, I took the car to the workshop as early as possible. As I waited in the waiting area (perhaps just like fathers waiting for a newborn!), I suddenly hear the tiny sound of the cats. The mechanics came in with the kittens in their hands. I shout frantically not to come closer to me. I urged them to take the kittens away, I do not want them. But I was advised differently. They told me that the mother must be looking for it's kitten, therefore I should take them home. They placed the kittens nicely in a box and later put it in the my car trunk. I drove home. Upon arrival, I saw the mother was sun bathing at my neighbour's porch. I took the box out and lured the mother to the box. As I was walking away, the mother immediately reached for the kittens. When I looked at how the mother snuggled and licked it's kitten, I knew I have done the correct thing. Our problem is not solved, the cats will still be around, but .... I am sure I have made the right decision to bring them home. To reunite them as a family. That's the best I can do for them as I am unable to love them.

An experience to remember by ......

Wallahua'lam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t