Skip to main content

Trengganu - 2 Days 1 Night

Salam all,

I think I have some time to mark my holidays 2012 in this blog. We began the school holiday by going to Trengganu (actually to pick-up Kakak after her SPM). We brought Mak Tok (my mother-in-law) together this time. This is going her first outing after Abah left a year ago. It calls for consistent persuasion to get her to come and Atikah's last day at her school made Mak Tok willing to come. We start off early as Atikah will finish her exam at 1030am and we planned to travel upnorth to Kuala Trengganu and stay overnight there.

 Our first pit stop after picking Atikah from school is to stop for lunch somewhere near Marang. It's a picnic by the sea and the roadside. The place was designed for travelers and locals to enjoy the South China Sea. Few gazebos were built along the roadside gives a comfortable place to rest. Thank you Makcik Yan (my sister) for the pack lunch. It saves us our money and most importantly is the simple yet delicious home cooked meal. I always have problem eating out. Then we head to the famous Pasar Payang for 'shop till you drop' event. Unfortunately, things does not happen as we planned when Hakim's eye suddenly went itchy which indicated allergy to some unknown substance. Due to that, we hurriedly move to a nearest clinic to prevent it from getting worst. There goes ibu's shopping spree .huhuhu... Alhamdulillah, it saves my money.

That night we went to Sue's house. Sue is my long lost friend. We were together when studied in UKM. She is now a successful businesswoman doing catering business in Kuala Trengganu. We had dinner there. Alhamdulillah. Thank you Sue, I doubt we will be meeting again in the near future. But I really hope that the relationship remains.




After a hearty breakfast at the hotel we decided for a city tour. We first went to the famous Taman Tamaddun Islam which housed many replicas of masjid from all over the world. This is our second visit to TTI, there's nothing new to see but the first for Mak Tok.



The most exciting experience that we had there was the ride to move around the park. It's not bi-cycle or tri-cycle, it's the 6-cycle. All six are suppose to cycle. Off course only 5 cycled. It will be to stressful for Mak Tok's knee to cycle. We really enjoy that ride.  After a short city tour we headed back to Dungun for lunch at Makcik Yan's and later to Uncle Ijan and Aunty Sarah's villa by the river.








The photos tell all. A kampung style villa with a modern interior.






A scenic view. Breathtaking moment for one to relax after a stressful day at work.







As ayah was too tired to drive home that night, we make a transit at Kuantan.

Hope that Mak Tok enjoy the whole journey.

Wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t