Skip to main content

Qurban 1433

Allahu Akbar 
Allahu Akbar
Allahu Akbar

La Ilaha illAllaa
Wallahu Akbar
Allahu Akbar walillahil hamd


Assalamualaikum all,

How was your Eid? I spent mine in Shah Alam. We did not went back to our hometown. Duty calls for my husband. Eid Adha is about sacrifices. Sacrifices can be in many faces. And this year we sacrificed our desire to go back home to fulfill the neighbourhood responsibility. The place we live, stay and work. Even RasulAllah SAW wanted us to be nice to our neighbours, how can we be nice if we do not know them? How can we know them if we do not join any programmes that will inculcate the love between neighbours? Therefore, here we are. In Shah Alam for the eid. Many showed surprise faces to see us around, but, we have been around for Eidul Adha for many years already.

Mr Hubby in action with our sacrifice

As usual the Surau will organized the sacrifice event. It is an event that really showed how difficult task can be done in a bliss with a team work. This year the Surau conducted the the sacrifice of 20 cows and 17 goats. Sound a lot isn't it? It is to me. I was skeptical about it earlier. But team work proves otherwise. The goats were slaughtered on the 10th of Zulhijjah after the Friday solat.


They handle the task professionally. The area was blocked using the plastic foldable tables (sounds funny - but that will do). The goats laid calmly. The eyes were closed using the long ears that they have. And with the lafaz, Bismillahu Allahu Akbar, all 17 were slaughtered one after another without any problem. The meat were fairly distributed according to syariah, and some were grilled to be enjoyed by the patrons to the surau.


11th Zuhijjah. The anxiety continues. Kids were up and running on the playground as early as 7am. The first cow were scheduled to be slaughtered at 6.45am that morning. 

The 9th cow. Again, Mr Hubby in action.
By the time I reached the playground at 7.30am, the 9th cow was ready to be slaughtered. They have got to work fast as there are 20 cows in the line. I stopped to witness the slaughtering process (the fist time seeing it in a very near vicinity). Watching it, reminds me of how devotedly Prophet Ismail AS allowing himself to be slaughtered by his father in order to obey the instruction from the Rabb, Allah SWT. And Allah has tested their IMAN. How willing they are to sacrifice, even sacrificing one own life. How willing we are to sacrifice for Allah? Sacrificing the animal is only the manifestation of the act. Many more sacrifices that we must be able to do for Allah.


Earlier I thought, with 20 cows, it will definitely drag us to late hours. But, team work makes everything possible. By 11.30am, the lunch is ready to be enjoyed by everybody there. The meat were distributed fairly. Everybody had a happy time. New friends were made, stale friendship were rekindled. Thank you Allah for this rahmah. For giving us a beautiful place to live and stay. And continue doing ibadah only for ALLAH SWT.

Wallahua'lam.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t