Skip to main content

Forties

Assalamualaikum dear readers,

How do you feel when sitting in any event, and everybody around you starts addressing you as 'KAKAK'? How do you feel?

10 years ago, I feel awkward to be called 'MAKCIK' by the little ones. But when the college students, the shop assisstant or cashier started to call you 'MAKCIK' how is that suppose to make you feel???? :-)

It's no other than the sign of aging has written on your face. I am not ashamed to tell everybody my age. What is there to hide? I am 43. Ooopppps ....... reaching 44 in 3 days time. Age should reflect in how wise you are in dealing things or situation. And some says that patience do relate with age. Do not just only relate age to your physical appearance. It should be how you have built your Intelligent Quotient (IQ), Emotional Quotient (EQ) and most importantly your Spiritual Quotient (SQ) along the way. As a muslim, I believe a balance in all the three quotients is a MUST. In order to achieve the balance does not necessarily require a certificate from any ESQ training. Whether we realize it or not, we have went through the training for all of the three aspects along our life. It is just how much we have gathered the knowledge which differentiate each of us. And as a Muslim, not only GATHERING matters, what matters most is PRACTICING what you have gathered.

40 is a big number. There's a saying that if you do not change to be a better person when you reach 40, you'll never change and become a loser in Allah's eye. Na'uzubillahi min zalik (I seek protection from Allah from the matter). Change may be done drastically or gradually, most importantly, you must set in your mind and determine to change for a better person. A better husband or wife, a better parent, a better son or daughter, a better neighbour, a better friend, a better employee, BETTER in all aspect of life as a muslim. It's BETTER not BITTER , ok.

40 is a significant age. Even in the al-Quran age 40 was mention in one of the verses of the Surah Al-Ahqaf, verse 15:

وَوَصَّيۡنَا ٱلۡإِنسَـٰنَ بِوَٲلِدَيۡهِ إِحۡسَـٰنًا‌ۖ حَمَلَتۡهُ أُمُّهُ ۥ كُرۡهً۬ا وَوَضَعَتۡهُ كُرۡهً۬ا‌ۖ وَحَمۡلُهُ ۥ وَفِصَـٰلُهُ ۥ ثَلَـٰثُونَ شَہۡرًا‌ۚ حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ ۥ وَبَلَغَ أَرۡبَعِينَ سَنَةً۬ قَالَ رَبِّ أَوۡزِعۡنِىٓ أَنۡ أَشۡكُرَ نِعۡمَتَكَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَنۡعَمۡتَ عَلَىَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَٲلِدَىَّ وَأَنۡ أَعۡمَلَ صَـٰلِحً۬ا تَرۡضَٮٰهُ وَأَصۡلِحۡ لِى فِى ذُرِّيَّتِىٓ‌ۖ إِنِّى تُبۡتُ إِلَيۡكَ وَإِنِّى مِنَ ٱلۡمُسۡلِمِينَ (١٥)
Al-Ahqaf: 15
We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents. In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of child to his weaning is (a period of) thirthy months. At length , when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O Lord, grant me that I may be grateful for your favour which you have bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as You may approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to You and truly do I bow (to You) in Islam".

Dan kami wajibkan manusia berbuat baik kepada kedua ibubapanya; ibunya telanh mengandungkannya dengan menanngung susah payah dan telah melahirkannya dengan menanggung susah payah. Sedang tempoh mengandungkannya beserta dengan tempoh menceraikan susunya ialah dalam masa tiga puluh bulan. Setelah besar sampai ke peringkat dewasa yang sempurna kekuatannya dan sampai ke peringkat umur empat puluh tahun, berdoalah dia dengan berkata: Wahai Tuhanku, ilhamkanlah daku supaya tetap bersyukur akan nikmatmu yang engkau kurniakan kepadaku dan kedua ibubapaku dan supaya aku tetap mengerjakan amal soleh yang Engkau redhai; dan jadikanlah sifat-sifat kebaikan meresap masuk ke dalam jiwa zuriat keturunanku. Sesungguhnya aku bertaubat kepadaMu dan sesungguhnya aku dari orang-orang Islam (yang tunduk patuh kepadaMu).

Amin Ya Rabbul 'Al Amin

For those who are in the 40s or above, lets recite the dua' after out solat.
Wassalam

p.s. I dont mind the age, but i still dont like to be called MAKCIK .... ha ha


Comments

  1. Terima ajelah hakikatnya, bahawa kita mmg dah level MAKCIK ! even a few of us dah jadi NENEK pun! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t