Skip to main content

4 Days 3 Nights

Salam all,

4D3N .... this is neither a vacation package nor an umrah package (mana mungkin umrah dalam jangka waktu sebegitu). This is more like a visitation package (as I called it). 4-7 February, there goes our last long weekend for the year. The first long weekend was during the Chinese New Year and during that time we were sprawling at home enjoying the holidays. This time round, its our turn to pay a visit to the elderly, parents and mother-in-law.

4 days sound so lavish, but actually, I barely have enough time to enjoy it. Reached Sg Petani at almost 2pm, by 3pm I hurriedly to Alor Setar, Kedah for the Karnival Jom Masuk U at the Stadium Darul Aman compound. On our way back, we paid a visit to Teluk Kechai, Kuala Kedah for the well known, Laksa Kedah. I cannot remember the last time we visited the place. I guess it was 17 years ago. One significant difference of this famous dish is that it was eaten together with the coconut mixed with chilli ('sambal nyoq' as the Kedahans called it). We bought some to bring home for the family in conjunction with the 'surprise' birthday celebration for Mak Tok.



Only Pak Uda & family, and Pak Cik Li were around. We enjoyed it anyway. It was eat till you burst. Mak Tok was surprised but we cannot capture the surprise moment as Mak Tok was not in hijab then. We had Satay, and some Pasembor too. Mmmmm ... delicious!!!





Next early in the morning, we rushed to PakCik Li's restaurant for a breakfast with Tuan Guru. Well, the actual agenda was for the Tuan Guru to have breakfast with his group there, but as busy body as always, we tagged along. And Farhan was the luckiest as they requested the Tuan Guru to perform 'tahnik' on him. Tahnik is an islamic ritual as a symbol for the baby to face the new world by feeding them with something sweet (normally dates were used) and the holy water zam-zam. And tahnik is best done by an 'alim and for Farhan, it was done not only by an 'alim but also an ulama'. (an Islamic Scholar).

Late evening we head to Kg Pertama to my parents, and to our surprise, K.Nah was already there. It was almost ages since we last met. K.Nah is my eldest sister who stayed in Rawang, but our busy lifestyle prohibit us from visiting one another often, only during eid. Something that I am not proud of, but shame of. We chat till late night, continue in the morning and dragged till noon. K.Nah and family left for Penang Island while I headed to the kitchen to prepare lunch and later prepare a special dish called 'serabai' for tea. After 'asr prayer, when it was almost 5.30pm, I asked bapak whether he wants to go out for sight seeing. And to my surprise, his answer is 'No'. That is his dama time, he is an ardent fan of Indonesian drama which aired from 5.30pm till 6.30pm.


As I have already promised my kids to go out, we went. We went to a never been before, Sg Dua for the mee udang. What? A Penangian has never been to Sg Dua for mee udang? Yup. It's me. Born in Penang but I spent most of my life away from Penang. So, its only a Penangian on IC.

Many people were there, it was delicious, we bought some for folks at home. It was really a feast when K.Nah brought home some roti jala and kuih muih. We have table full of food. We later enjoyed it together when Abang and his family joined in later.

It was truly a wonderful holiday. Being with the loved ones was always a moment to cherish. Thank you Allah for this beautiful moment in life. Alhamdulillah, we managed to make our parents happy and put a smiling face on them.

Early Tuesday morning we started our journey back home to avoid any traffic congestion. Could not wait to go back again.

Wallahua'lam.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t