Skip to main content

Another Sad News

Salam all,

It was about 6.45am when my phone rang. It was my mother calling. My heart pumping will always accelerate when receiving a call from mother especially at odd hours. This must not be something good.

"Ajis dah tak dak. (Ajis had passed away)", that was my mother's short sentence.

Innalillahi wainna ilaihi rajiun.
"When?", I asked. "Pukul 5 pagi tadi (Just now at 5a.m)", my mother answered.

Ajis or Norlajis Bin Ali is my cousin aged 51. He did not have any medical problem before, until last week on Thursday, when he fell unconscious while on duty. He never regain conscious after that till his last breath. We went to the hospital on Eid-ul-Adha, but did not gain permission to visit him who was in the ICU because it's not the visiting hour. Last met was during Eid ul-Fitri. He is among few of my mother's nephew who will never fail to pay my mother a visit during Eid. I guess because he was a regular at our house during his span in Kompleks Belia Dusun Tua (a training centre for youth at Kuala Langat) back in 1980s.

He left behind a wife who is currently 7 months pregnant and 5 other children, the eldest is sitting for his SPM this 14th November. May Allah give the strength to his family, his wife and children. Hopefully we will be able to assist his family in any way we can.

May Ajis rest in peace and be placed among the solihin. Allahummaghfirlahu warhamhu wa'a fihi wa'fuan'hu. Amin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t