Skip to main content

11.11.11

Salam all,

Today is 11.11.11. Everybody thinks that today should be a memorable day because it will not happen again. Perhaps only in 3011, only if the earth is still intact but we definitely will not be there to witness another 11.11.11.

Heard on radio, many mothers selected today to deliver their babies. Many couples decided to tie their knot on this very day, some are even giving marriage gifts which cost RM11,111.11 and many more. To me its just a date. Nothing special about it. As mentioned in my new year posting, perhaps the only significant is that it is easier to remember your most memorable dates with this unique date.

But, to purposely deliver your baby on this day? I am a bit reserve about this. I don't quite agree

if we purposely choose the date, except if we have medical reason that requires a caesarean
section. It seems that nowadays many mothers would prefer to deliver babies through caesarean
instead of normal delivery. In my personal belief, if we purposely choose our delivery date, and
choose a c-section for the delivery method, we are missing a gift that Allah has prepared for
women. Yes, normal delivery is painful, but don't tell me that a c-section is not painful. I went through 3 c-sections before, but I waited till the last moment, till there's no other way to take the baby out, I endure the pain, the contraction pain just like any mothers do, and I am proud of it. With the pain we now feels how our mother felt back then after delivering us into the world. We appreciate them more. We understand that mothers are the most important person in one's life as she had to endure all the pain like no other pain during delivery . And it shows how mothers are very strong and courage to willingly go through the pain over and over again. I belief Allah has not created the pain to torture women, Allah loves women and has placed them among the highest in ranking. This is very true, from the hadith from Rasulallah SAW:

Narrated Abu Huraira: A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Yourmother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father.
(Sahih Bukhari)

But, I am not an asatizah to give any comments on this according to Islamic view, it is just my personal belief and perspective. Dear readers, I am sorry if it is you I am talking about, I did not mean to hurt anybody's feeling. I am just saying out based on how I feel. Whatever it is, everybody has the right to choose.

May whatever that we do is within rahmah (love/like) and redha (blessings) from Allah SWT.

Wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t