O Allah! Thank you for blessing me with another Ramadhan. And I really hope that this is going to be a better Ramadhan for me, for I shall never know if there is going to be another Ramadhan for me again.
Alhamdulillah, Ramadhan is here again. And Alhamdulillah the kids were also happy to welcome Ramadhan. They even look forward to going to the surau for the solat tarawikh (for whatever reason it could be, but I thanked you Allah, for their tiny hearts are close to the blessed place - the madrasah/ surau etc.)
There are many books and magazines discussing about how best we can spent the days in Ramadhan. Solusi, 34th edition also gave a checklist for ibadat that we should perform. And here is what I gathered from a book I was reading, Ramadhan Tiba Lagi by Wan Mohd NohWan Hamat and Rusnah Abu Samah, published by Yamani Angle Sdn Bhd, 2010, Kuala Lumpur. (Ha Ha, sorry for the long decsription of the book .... being an academician and a researcher I became very meticulous when writing the source of my knowledge -- as a respect for the knowledge).
The book listed the task as follows (most of it are sunnah - as performed by Rasulallah SAW):
- before we go to sleep, recite the last four verses of Surah al-Kahfi so that it will ease us in getting up for the night prayer, qiamullail (tahajjud etc.).
- at 4am, perform the qiamullail ritual which consist of solat tahajjud, solat taubah, solat hajat. this ritual will take approximately 30 minutes.
- at 4.30am, the mothers can start preparing dishes for sahur.
- at 5am or 5.15am, get everybody up for sahur.
- do not go back to sleep after sahur, preferably solat subuh in jamaah.
- read quran (if you still have time before going to the office)
- solat dhuha at about 8-11am
- at 12 noon (or perhaps for working folks, 1pm is ok - as long as before zohor), sleep for a little while (make sure to wake up before your break time is over), and perform solat zuhr.
- after the zuhr prayer, read quran.
- solat asar, immediately when the azan calls.
- prepare for the iftar for mothers.
- take korma (dates), fruits and plain water for iftar.
- solat maghrib then followed by a heavier meal (eg. rice)
- solat isyak and followed by the solat tarawikh.
Let's try to discipline ourselves so that we could do the most during THIS Ramadhan.