Skip to main content

Anak Dara Kita (Our Daughters)

Salam all,

2 days off from blogging, but not my mind. I even managed to compose the sentences that I would want to type in my blog (in my mind), but I cannot accommodate the blogging activity within the 24hours a day given to me by the creator, Allah ya Rabb. So many, many things are going on. Rushing as always to complete a task, one after another. And my schedule for December is almost full, that is not including preparing the exam question before the semester begin yet.

That Thursday, it was almost 4.45pm, I was rushing to the administration building. By hook or by crook I need to get the signature of the deputy dean by that day and send the letter off to the ministry early next morning. As I was crossing the road separating our building and the admin building, I saw Ust Firdaus parking his car. 'Subhanallah, it's tafsir class today. and Ustaz is already here', I said to myself. I rush to deputy dean's office. Breathlessly I explained the letter to him and ask for his signature. Then I quickly rush back to my room to perform my solat before joining the class.

When I entered the class, Ustaz was talking about 'istighfar' and 'taubah'. According to Ustaz, istighfar is not considered taubah but when we perform taubah, istighfar will definitely be part of it.

Now to the main topic for today's entry.

Ustaz also mentioned that, according to Hadith Sohih: (the description is something like this)

When rewarded with daughters, and if we are able to educate them well,
teach them what is wrong and right.
And they obeyed us and become ahlul-jannah,
the daughters will be an obstacle, a shield that will prevent the parents from the fire of hell, jahannam.

But ....
the daughter must be ahlul-jannah, or else, she will not be able to become the shield.


At that time, I was hoping, praying that I would be a daughter that would become a shield that will prevent my parents from the fiery fire of the jahannam. And I was also hoping and praying that my daughters will also become the ahlul-jannah and become our shield. Which means that there's a heavy task ahead of us to educate our daughters. Educate alone is not enough, as we, parents must also make sure that they will become ahlul-jannah. How? We, must also consistently guide them and do not let them go astray, guide them in choosing their path, in whatever things that they do, from a simple thing like the choice of dress that they wear to their choice of friends. Everything. Even if they have turn from a child, to teenager or even if they have become adult, the responsibility to guide will never stop.

I am worried enough just by looking and reading about our teenagers nowadays.

Ya Allah, Kau peliharalah anak-anakku, zuriat keturunanku. Peliharalah mereka agar tetap berada di jalanMu, janganlah kau pesongkan hati mereka setelah Kau berikan petunjuk. Ampunilah dosa kami kerana kelalaian kami dalam menjalankan tanggungjawab kami untuk mendidik anak-anak kami. Semoga anak-anak kami termasuk dalam golongan hambaMu yang Engkau redhai dan berkati sepanjang usia mereka. Amin.

wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t