Skip to main content

Pahlawan Islam - The Islamic Warriors

I was glued to my computer, yesterday at about 5.30pm. I was busy searching for more information about Chechnya, Chechen and what's going on down there. What motivates me was this book: Pahlwan Islam Kontemporari: Para Peminang Bidadari.


I bought this book, yesterday afternoon, after my visit to my loyal bank.??? Uppsss ..... I am actually the loyal customer as I was with the bank for more than 15 years. My account with the bank is as long as my service to this organization - UiTM dihatiku.

A U-turn to our original topic - the warriors in Islam - This book was written by Atriza Umar. According to the writer, she wrote what she believes, and she believes that the people in this book are the warriors and heroes for their people and religion for they are willing to sacrifice and die for their religion and beliefs - As-syahid. As-syahid is a name we called the Muslims who died in their due for Islam. They are the people who were promised Jannah, the heaven in the hereafter. What a wonderful reward for all the sacrifices that they made. The book listed 10 names of the syuhada' (the plural for As-syahid).

They are:
  1. Dzohar Musayevich Dudayev
  2. Ibnul Khattab
  3. Abdallah Syamil Salmanovich Basayev
  4. Hassan al-Banna
  5. Sayyid Qutb
  6. Syeikh Abdullah Yusuf Azzam
  7. Yahya Abdul Latiff Ayyash
  8. Syekh Ahmad Yassin
  9. Abdul Aziz Rantisi
  10. Khalid Ahmad Sawki Islambouli
Out of the 10 names, I only knew about 5 of them (Hassan al-Banna, Syed Qutb, Abdullah Yusuf Azzam, Syeikh Ahmad Yassin & Abdul Aziz Rantisi) heard the name before of only one person (Dudayev) and never even heard of the other 4 names. Am I suppose to be ashamed of myself???? Yes, I should ----PUT YOUR HEADS DOWN!!! YOU ARE FAR FROM JIHAD!!!!

I was glued to the computer after reading the story of the first man, Dzohar Musayevich Dudayev. Yes, I heard his name before. I know that he is a leader of some country (but could not be bothered to know who he is, and where he is from -- then). It was an interesting new knowledge to me after reading it from this book.

Dudayev was a Chechen, the native of Chechnya, born during the dictatorship of Stalin in the then Soviet Union. His family was once chased out of Chechnya and only return to Chechnya when Stalin was no longer the leader. He grew up to serve as a Commandant in the Soviet Union Air Force. He quits the force when asked by his superior to attack the Baltics. In 1991, the same year with the falling of Soviet Union to communist (Boris Yeltsin), Dudayev became the Presiden of Chechnya, and lead the republic to a success and glory of their time.

1 December 1994, Yeltsin ordered his army to attack Chechnya, as he sees them as a threat when the Chechen started to control their own economy and having their own currency which is against the communism. Dudayev fought back in order to defend his Islamic republic. He ran into the woods where all the attacks begin. He wasn't easy to locate as he moves a lot, but one long satellite conversation leads the communist to his location (with the help of American tracking device) and killed him in 1996.

Where was I when all these happen??? Enjoying my life luxuriously (if compared to to the Chechen who was killed and raped mercilessly). A search on the internet resulted with an unresolved situation in Chechnya. They are still fighting to free themselves from the Russia.

O Allah!! forgive me for my insensitivity for not giving a helping hand to the brothers and sisters who are fighting for Islam (if they do) with at least a dua'.

wallahua'lam








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t