Skip to main content

Sabar dan Sakit

It has been quite some time from my last posting. Urgh..... dozens of things happened. Too busy with classes, grading test papers (which complete only after the final exam!), fell sick and admitted to a medical center, post fever + fatigue due to confirmed thalassemic trait reaction, grading exam papers, students final year project, and, and ....... to list all, it will be an endless list.

Yes, I fell sick (fever actually) and was admitted to a medical Center in Shah Alam for six days. Actually it began on Saturday (31st October), I started to feel chilled while coaching my kids doing revision for their year end exam. I took PCM, and was Ok. But when night came, the fever recur and I was trembling, shaking very badly, I felt cold, even the thickest blanket cannot make the cold dissapear. My husband had to sacrifice by turning off the aircond and the fan, but I was still trembling. Early in the morning, I was Ok. When mak called from Abang Man's house telling that she's stopping by at my house for lunch before proceeding back to kampung, I pull the strength to cook for them (sempat jugak buat nasi ikan dan dalca, kerabu tomato, ikan cencaru belah belakang and salad, hmmm....not bad for a sick person). That night my fever worsen. To make the story short, got MC on Monday, and the condition was deteriorating. I started to vomit and lay flat, shaking and shivering from time to time. At about 10am, my husband called from the office telling that he's coming back to send me to the hospital. I was relieved. I wanted to go to the clinic but I just couldn't drive as I was shaking and shivering. Initially I thought of asking any of my colleagues to take me to the clinic, but alhamdulillah, my husband was coming back.

At the hospital, doctor advised to be admitted, which I readily agree as I was soooo tired. There I was for 6 days. Followed by another 4 days of MC, I was away from the office for 2 weeks!!!! (just imagine the amount of work that is waiting for me). And now, Alhamdulillah, after four weeks, i am myself again, despite some giddiness at times.

Quoting from a chapter of a book titled "Penenang Jiwa: Pengubatan dan Rawatan" by Imam Al-Ghazali, translated by Mukashafah Al-Qulub (a nickname, I guest?):

"Barangsiapa ingin selamat daripada azab Allah, mendapatkan pahala dan rahmatNya dan masuk syurgaNya, hendaklah dia menahan nafsu daripada segala keinginan dunia, disamping sabar atas segala kesulitan dan musibahnya. Allah menyukai orang-orang yang sabar." (ms 11)

and a Hadis, Rasulallah bersabda,

"Allah telah berkata, barangsiapa yang ditimpa bencana, lalu dia mohon perlindungan daripadaKu, pasti Aku memberinya sebelum dia meminta. Dan barangsiapa ditimpa bencana, lalu dia meminta perlindungan kepada makhluk, pasti Ku tutup semua pintu langit bagiNya." (ms 11)

and another Hadis, Rasullallah bersabda,

"Barangsiapa sakit semalam, dia sabar dan reda kepada Allah, maka bersih daripada dosa bagaikan ketika dia lahir dari perut ibunya. Jika engkau sakit, jangan segera meminta sembuh." (ms 11).

Aku redha dengan ujian Allah yang kecil ini setelah diberikanNya nikmat kesihatan yang begitu panjang sehingga kita hampir lupa untuk bersyukur kepadaNya. Ampunilah hambaMu ini, Ya Allah, Ya Rabbal 'alamin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asrama K.Ngah at MITST Alam Impian

Assalamualaikum. Asrama? Biasalah. Ramai yang pergi asrama. Nothing exciting about asrama. When I was a child, I used to read the story books. Series of them. We have the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and one of my favorite is the Malory Towers. Malory Towers tells a story about life in a boarding school. It is also a reason for me wanted to go to a hostel. It motivates me. I always thought that all hostels are as envisioned by the writer. Luxury place to stay with lots of friends around. Full of activities and adventure. But...well.... story books are mostly fictitious. It was written to draw readers into purchasing it. My hostel was far worst that what I imagined. But there is where I grew up - my teenage life. Sending K.Ngah aka. Sabrina to her hostel last Sunday, brought back the Malory Towers into me. The dorm was luxurios. Single bedded. Six in a room. Large closet. Plenty of storage space (drawers attached to the bottom of the bed). And a study

Antara Anyer dan Jakarta

"Antara Anyer dan Jakarta" was a title of a song sang by Sheila Majid back in 80s. I tried to find the meaning of "Anyer" using the Google translate but to no avail. What about the song? Nothing. It's just because I just came back from Jakarta for a conference trip cum SHOPPING trip. I was accompanied by Suzana Ahmad and Norizan. Day 1: ====== Our journey began on 12th December. At approximately 5am, the driver reached my house. Izan is already there, in a short while Suzana arrived. We headed to KLIA. The check-in was a winding queue. After checking-in it leaves us with barely enough time for fajr prayer. At 9am, the tree stooges sat foot on the Indonesia land. We make a quick visit to the money changer and proceed for a cab. We have planned for the trip carefully and agreed to travel light as we will not be checking-in to the hotel upon arrival as the checking in time is only at 3pm. Instead, we headed towards our first destination, TANAH ABANG. It is r

Doa ketika ternampak orang sakit dan mohon terhindar darinya.

Assalamualaikum, Ahad malam Isnin. Malam yang sedih sayu. Biasanya hari Ahad, adalah hari ziarah anak-anak atau hari menghantar anak-anak balik ke asrama. Upon doing that, when entering the home, I can feel the emptiness. The quiet house, no greetings, no laughters. And due to that, I will make my way to the surau, to gather bits of pearl of knowledge. "O Allah, forgive me if the reason for my being in Your masjid is wrong Forgive me, Ya Allah. But truthfully, its too quiet at home, and to me, being in the masjid is more meaningful rather than locked in the empty house alone. Forgive me Ya Allah." And tonight, it was Ustaz Firdaus. Sharing on Feqah. And one thing that I really think fruitful to share is this piece of doa.  ‘Alhamdulillah hillazi aafani mim mabtalaka bihi wa fadhalaani ala kaseerim mimman khalaqa tafdheela.” The Prophet said: “If somebody recites this dua while he saw someone else in some fatigue or tensions, he would not be involved in t