T.O.P

 T.O.P - Tempat Orang Pencen

Today is my visit to the hospital again. And today is for the physiotherapy session for my tendonitis. Alhamdulillah, after several session, the pain subsided. But, more therapy is needed, and it has to be on my part. And as advised by the therapist, I need to give the hand a rest (boleh ke??), with it being the right hand, it's a challenge. Perhaps I need a full rest, a vacation perhaps ;-)

But it is not about the tendonitis that I want to talk about,  I want to tell about whom I met at the hospital. I met the ex-colleague, Prof Dato Halim, and another pensioner, from the Faculty Alam Bina, was informed of another pensioner whom also visited the hospital for tendonitis, PM Dr Masila (also my ex-colleague), and another pensioner, also from the university, whom a friend to Dato' Halim. Well, this is the cycle. We used to meet fellow friends of the same profession at conferences, but as the time passes by, the hospital became the place where all the pensioners met.

Truly, health is something we took for granted. We never cherish it when we were young. As though we are going to be healthy all the while. There is a dua' taught by Rasulallah SAW, which I personally did not pay much attention when I was young, but now hold on tight to and with hopeful.



اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَدَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي سَمْعِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
Allahumma ‘afini fi badani, Allahumma ‘afini fi sam’i, Allahumma ‘afini fi basari La ilaha illa anta
Oh Allah! Grant wellbeing to my body, Oh Allah! Grant wellbeing to my hearing, Oh Allah! Grant wellbeing to my sight. There is no true deity, except You.
(Sunan Abi Dawud 5090)

The pain, the sickness are all the signals from ALLAH SWT, a reminder by the Creator, that we are aging. As a car aged and began to tremble, the same goes to our body. But it is our responsibility to take good care of our body. Eat healthy, enough exercise, do not spoil the body by eating freely and being lazy. We are born to move. Stay healthy !!

Comments